Major banks in Bolivia have a schedule that is very similar to business and companies in other countries. They are widely open on weekdays but they are mostly closed on weekends and always closed on holidays.
During weekdays, all major banks in Bolivia open their offices from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00-5:00 p.m., and they also attend during lunch hours. On weekends, all major banks open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. No bank in Bolivia offers a 24/7 service. All banks close the doors on holidays. All ATMs are 24/7.
We are citizens from Bolivia. Here we’ll be talking about all the details in the schedules of the most important Banks of Bolivia, for opening hours, working days and holidays. You’ll get a general schedule and also the schedules for every bank. Moreover, you’ll get some details about ATMs’ availability.
A) Bank working days in Bolivia
Major banks in Bolivia normally operate in working days from Monday to Saturday:
- From Mondays to Fridays the principal Banks of Bolivia attend clients all the day, in the morning and also in the afternoon, but they don’t attend in the evening.
- On Saturdays, banks open their offices and have normal operations only in the morning.
- On Sundays, no bank will be open and available anywhere in the country.
This is how the most important banks currently working in Bolivia normally open, all of them having a very similar schedule.
In Bolivia, there is not something like a 24/7 bank agency available, you won’t find any bank that has this type of schedule in our country.
B) Bank opening hours in Bolivia
Almost all banks in Bolivia open their offices and become available at 8:30 a.m. remaining open until 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What normally happens in the afternoon is:
- The main offices and headquarters of these banks remain open until 5:00 p.m.
- While smaller branch offices close 2 hours or 1 hour earlier, normally at 3:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m.
Also, usually bank offices remain open between 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. avoiding closing their doors during lunch hours.
During the pandemic, banks changed their schedule, attending clients only until 2:30 p.m., but this was in 2021. Now in 2022, the schedule has come back to normal.
On Saturdays, most banks open at 9:00 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. On Sundays, 99% of bank offices will be closed the whole day
Bank schedules and holidays
In relation to holidays, almost all banks stay closed, and both main and branch offices remain closed these days. We have almost never seen a bank here in Bolivia opening its offices on a holiday.
|Morning||All major banks opened (from 8:30 a.m.)||All major Banks opened (from 9:00 a.m.)||No bank opened||No bank opened, with almost any exception (on holidays, banks in Bolivia usually don’t attend clients).|
|Afternoon||All major Banks opened (until 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)||All major Banks opened (until 1:00 p.m.)||No bank opened|
|Evening||No bank opened||No bank opened||No bank opened|
|24/7 availability||Not offered by any Bank|
Working days and opening hours by Bank
Although we have emphasized that there is almost no difference between the schedules of different banks in Bolivia, you can see in the following links the opening hours and working days for each major Bank available in our country:
- Union Bank schedule (not translated, download PDF for each city).
- BNB Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the map).
- De Credito Bank schedule (translated, they mostly close at 4:00 p.m.).
- Mercantil Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the list).
- Bisa Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the map and list).
- Ganadero Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the map or download the PDF in the “oficinas” button).
- Economico Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the list).
- BancoSol Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the map).
- Fassil Bank schedule (not translated, find the office in the list).
- Fortaleza Bank schedule (translated).
How to find all agencies available for major banks in Bolivia?
You can find the agencies and ATMs that major banks have available across Bolivia in the same links that are in the section above link.
Also, it’s possible to download the corresponding apps from all major banks available in Bolivia in the Play Store or App Store. In these applications, you’ll almost always be able to find any bank agency or ATM available for that bank, also with updated attending and opening schedules.
Opening hours for ATMs in Bolivia
The work of ATMs in Bolivia is the same as in other countries. They are fully available 24/7. But it’s worth to mention that you can find two types of ATMs in the country:
- ATMs that only allow you to only withdraw money (these are widely available everywhere).
- ATMs that allow you to both withdraw and deposit money (these are only available in downtown areas of the principal cities of Bolivia).
In this note about the opening hours of banks in Bolivia and their schedules. You’ve seen that major banks in the country normally open at 8:30 a.m. Most of them don’t close during the lunch time and remain attending clients until it’s 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Also, you’ve seen that on weekends, they only open their agencies from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in almost all cases. You also now know that almost all banks will be closed on any existing holiday in Bolivia.
Additionally, you’ve got a list of the schedules for working days, opening hours and location of principal agencies and ATMs, for the most important banks of the country. And also you have seen that ATMs work the same as overseas and that some located in downtown areas also allow you to deposit money.
We hope this information has helped you, and if you want to know every detail about the most important Banks available in Bolivia, you can visit our dedicated guide in the following direction: All Banks in Bolivia, a complete guide.
BolivianExperts.com, information about how to live, work, invest and travel in Bolivia.